This series of six, day-long workshops will explore the creative use of Forum Theatre, a technique developed by Brazilian theatre practitioner Augusto Boal, to explore conflict, violence and alternatives.Coordinated by St. Ethelburga’s Centre for Reconciliation and Peace, in partnership with Fellowship of Reconciliation, England’s Young Peacemakers Programme, the monthly workshops will enable participants to:
– Learn the basics of Forum Theatre in a practical, applied manner
– Explore conflict, violence and alternatives to violence
– Deconstruct different types of violence
– Learn to play games that enhance conflict resolution skills
– Develop a knowledge of tools that can be used in other settings
– Develop a Forum Theatre piece and perform it in front of an audience
– Take away a resource pack
Who is it for?
No previous experience of Forum Theatre is necessary. The tools can be used in a variety of training, facilitation and community work settings. Young people (aged 18 – 30 ish) are particularly encouraged to apply as this is part of the Fellowship of Reconciliation's Young Peacemakers programme.
Workshops will be held once a month, 9.30am – 4.30pm, starting October 2011. Four of the workshops will be held in London and two in Oxford. The total cost for the course is £150, some bursaries are available.
Training dates (TBC):
Thursday 13th October
Tuesday 15th November
Thursday 1st December
Tuesday 10th January
Thursday 16th February
Tuesday 13th March
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
St Ethelburga’s is a ‘maker of peace-makers’. We inspire and equip individuals and communities to contribute, in their own particular contexts, to activating a global culture of peace.